Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Las Vegas....

Ok so here is a quick photo while Jody and I were in Vegas. But I want to back track a little bit.
I got here to CA. on Friday the 13th (hehe). We got to Jody's house around 9pm and met up with Brad, Cassie and their 2 children, as well as My dad and 3 of my other brother's from UT. in addition to my brother, Chad his wife and their new baby Ella. it was a f ull house for sure! We all caught up with each other and visited until 2:30 in the morning! Which really felt like 5:30 for me since I am 3 hours ahead of them. Then we all got up around 7 and ate some GREAT breakfast Chad and Jen made everyone.
From there we visited some more then went to a local park and had a HUGE picnic again provided by Chad and Jen. We played frisbee and football and just had a great time hanging out with each other. Then we came back to the ranch and while the little ones (and some of the big ones) took some naps, Alex, Daniel, Jason, and I went to Jody's studio and got to have a great time singing with each other. Jody's studio is AMAZING! he has it all finished and it's open for buisness. He brings in artists from all over to record their songs in his studio. If anyone is interested having their songs done they can contact Jody at djjody@rpmwin.com and he can set you up! He also DJs parties, weddings, etc. So if anyone in CA. needs a DJ, he's your man!
After the hilarious time in the studio we went to the bowling ally here. We had some air hockey tournaments while we waited for our lanes to open up. After bowling we all went and got some dinner then came back to Jody's place and some people crashed out while some of us soaked in the hot tub while others watched a movie.
Then next morning Brad and his family as well as my dad and my younger brothers had to go back to UT. The house was VERY quiet after they left! The rest of the day Jody and I just relaxed and fixed my lap top that was extremely slow. Now it's up and running again! Did I mention that Jody also fixes computers :P The man can do anything! From fixing cars, B2 Bombers, DJing, fixing computers, and running a studio at the same time. He can fix just about anything too!
So Mon. morning we headed to Vegas! It was only about a 4 hour drive. When we got there we went to the hotel and checked in. Then hopped on the new monorail (no having to drive in Vegas anymore!!!) and took the rail down to MGM grand and checked out the lion habitat (which was really awesome!!!) then headed over to Excalibur hotel and walked around for a bit until our dinner show started. I had been there a LONG time ago (18 years) and remembered a lot of it. They have changed a bunch and now it is even more amazing. We got to watch the Tournament of Kings where the horses and knights jousted and held the midieval times games. Well, they acted it out, but it was a blast!
After the show we went to New York, New York hotel and got to ride on the roller coaster there. Now that was fun!!!!!! We have pics from the time we were there, but they need to be scanned into the comp, so I'll post those later on.
After the ride we headed over to the M&M store. OMGOSH! I have never seen so much M&M stuff in one place!!! There was 4 floors filled with M&M figurines, gifts, candy, etc. It was crazy! After that we headed back to the hotel.
The next morning we got up and had some breakfast then went and relaxed in the hotel's hot tub. After an hour or so we headed to the rides on top of the Stratosphere hotel. Talk about insane rides!!! The Big Shot ride (shoots you strait up in the air) was the craziest ride I have ever been on. I can't believe I actually went on it...twice! Jody and I are nuts :P Then we went on the ride x-treme and that was just nuts! Basically it's a teeter totter type ride and it throws you over the edge of the hotel. Crazy! Then we went on the ride Insanity, and let me tell you, that was definately one insane ride! Here is the link to the hotel so you can see the rides I am talking about http://www.stratospherehotel.com/thrills/
After that ride we were done with rides. Jody and I felt queezy and too dizzy to ride anymore. So we headed over to Circus Circus and walked around Adventuredome. They have all kinds of games and stuff there. We played some miniature golf and and another circus game. As we were walking around we saw the most morbid and disrespectful game. I couldn't believe it. It was one of those games where you insert a coin and try to get it to land on a certain point. Well the game was called Titanic and the ship was sinking and you had to try and land your coin in one of the life boats. Talk about sick. They even had it in the area where all the kids are. OY!!!!
After walking around some more we decided we were beat and ready to head home. No we didn't gamble in case anyone was wondering. I don't believe in gambling and neither one of us have the money to gamble with. We would rather spend the money we have on something we know we get a return on. LOL. It sure was fun in Vegas though!
We got back to Jody's around 7:30 last night and today we just plan on relaxing and washing all the smoke smell out of our clothes! YUCK!!!!
Anyway, as soon as i get some more pics I will update again. I still have another week here and have a few more activities planned. Stay tuned....

1 comment:

Figgy and The Professor said...

AHHHHH! I'm so jealous. Vegas is one of our favorite cities. We spend most of our time out in Red Rock Canyon. And, I love the rides on top of Stratosphere!