Saturday, July 4, 2009

OOPS!!

Well then!
So as you all know I had a miscarriage back in Feb. After that, we decided we were done. We were just going to enjoy our children and move on. We were both happy in that decision.
Now, it took 2 years to get pregnant with perfect timing the first time, we still couldn't. Had to get help.
Then we got pregnant again. After 3 cycles of perfect timing. Of course, that ended up in a miscarriage. It sucked, but I had come to terms with it and was fine.
Then we had an "oops" moment. I was NO WHERE near my "fertile" perfect timing window. By all accounts, I shouldn't have had to worry.
Then I realized I was late. Add a whole bunch of other symptoms in the mix, and I knew I needed to test. Sure enough, I got a positive. I'm pregnant.
I'd like to ask how it happened. But we all know "how" it happened. LOL.
We are both in shock. We've never experienced an "oops" before.
God has bigger plans, and like Jody says, "you wanna hear God laugh, just tell him your plans" I have a feeling he's laughing pretty hard right now!
We had just cleaned the garage out and were ready to have a huge garage sale on all the baby stuff we had. I guess we'll be holding on to that just a little bit longer :P
Now, I have had an early miscarriage before, so chances are greater that I could have another one. But as of right now, I'm pregnant. My due date is around March 11th I am 4 weeks along. Very early. The miscarriage before was at 5 weeks and 4 days.
I find it funny that my brother's that are twins were born in Jan. My twins were born in Jan. Then I was born in March. This baby is due in March. Too funny.
The last pregnancy, we didn't want to tell anyone until we were past the miscarriage point. Well, we have a ton of traveling with family this summer, so I think me puking all day from morning sickness might just give it away. Plus, I've gone through a miscarriage. I know what to expect. Having to apologize to everyone last time because they were upset that we never told them we were pregnant was hard. So this time, everyone knows.
The question, "are we excited?" Well, yes. Right now it's more of a complete shock. I don't really want to get my hopes up too much, last time it was just so hard.

No comments: