Monday, July 6, 2009

What is going on?!?

So yes, I'm pregnant. For now?
Yesterday I started having the same cramping that I did the last miscarriage. In the same exact spot.
The cramping eased up quite a bit after a blessing from the elders in my church in the afternoon. Last night it started up again. Then continued in to today.
I had to go to the clinic and get a pregnancy confirmation. One of the questions asked if I had any pain. Well, I had to put yes. That's when things got crazy.
You see, last time, I just decided to drive on over to the ER on my own, and got reprimanded for it.
So today, the nurse said she wanted the doc to see me for a different kind of pregnancy test. Not the normal pee in a cup one. So they drew a bunch of blood.
Then the doc called me back. She explained that because of where the pain was, she wanted to rule out an ectopic pregnancy. She also said she wanted to send me to the ER. She wouldn't let me drive. The ER won't let children in the rooms unless they are the patient. So protocol said that I had to be transported to the hospital, from the clinic, by ambulance. Oh so much fun. Considering I already get car sick if I sit in the back. Now I had to face backwards. I almost lost the little bit of food I did manage to eat that morning which would have been bad, because the next time I got anything to eat wasn't until 3pm!.
So I get to the hospital. Labs confirmed I was pregnant...duh.
Then they draw a whole bunch more blood. They ask me for my blood type, I told them A+. then why did they screen for it anyway? Waste of time and money. They drew the other stuff to determine any other things that could be wrong.
Then the lovely pelvic exam. About flew off the back of the bed with that one. I never want to hear about how bad a guy has it when they have to have their prostate checked!!!
Anyway, all the action, then nothing. I was sitting there for 2 hours, no one came in, no updates. Nothing. I was beginning to think they forgot about me. Through the boredom I got to take in the very disgusting nonsanitized hospital. No wonder they call it Malpractice Growe medical center. Finally a nurse comes in, says "we're gonna set the monitor to just record every hour in case we forget"...ok, not exactly something you want to tell a patient.
There was one guy that was in training, I knew more than him. I tried giving him a couple of tries on why he couldn't figure out why the BP cuff wasn't working. Finally I told him he had it inside out, and to try it the way I showed him. Amazing, it worked. I felt bad for him though. I wasn't mean to him, I promise!
Anyway, now in the beginning, I told the original doc, there is no point sending me up to ultrasound. It is way too early to see anything. She didn't listen. Lo and behold, I get to radiology, and the tech said it's too early to see anything. Duh. I told the tech, good luck finding my right ovary, no one else seems to find it. She got all "I'll find it" Um, she never found it. She found what she "thinks" is it. At least she had good bedside manner and wasn't very aggressive with the probe. Unlike the last person I saw back in January.
So they take me downstairs, where I am dropped off. No one comes in for 2 hours. The monitor had been beeping for almost that whole time.
Finally the doc comes in and tells me they didn't see any signs of a miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy. She couldn't rule it out, because there was no visualization of anything in the uterus. She then said my HCG level was at 706!!!!! Ok, so at this gestation with twins mine was at 433. This time it's at 706!!! She said the cramping could just be from early pregnancy and should go away on it's own, but to come back if things get worse. Um, I think I'll go to a different ER thanks.
I am to go back on Wed. for more labs. The HCG level should have almost doubled at that point. So Wed. I will either have good news, or bad.

1 comment:

Figgy and The Professor said...

Oh my goodness, Amber. 706!!!?! Let's hope and pray this is just one sticky bean in there. Is there anything I can do for ya?