Thursday, October 9, 2008

A little review and an update too...

So a week ago DH and I started working with Kayley full time on the potty. We introduced her off and on for several months (same with Kaiden) but we started officially training her last Wed. Here it is a week later and she is WELL on her way!
She will pee 8-9 times a day in the potty. Very rarely does she have pee accidents now. She does have poop accidents. I'm still trying figure out how to get her poops in the potty.
Day before yesterday she had no accidents at all, but then again she didn't poop that day.
She is no longer in diapers during the day now :) She wears pull ups at night and for naps, but other than that, she stays in underwear.
Today she started vocalizing when she needs to pee. She'll run up to the gate and say "pees pees" which I think is please and pee combined. She says please all the time too, and she'll say pee pee when she's actually on the potty peeing. Today she said potty for the first time. She peed 11 times in the potty today, and only 1 accident, but that was poop.
Anyway, I am so proud of her. I think by Halloween she may be potty trained during the day completely. Maybe ;) No later than Thanksgiving I'm sure.
I took her out today for the 1st time since we started training, and she was overdue to pee by 30 min. but she held it until we got home and she went in the potty!!!
Definate progress :)
As far as Kaiden, well, I'm waiting on him and just working with Ky for now. When I am sure she'll tell me when she has to go the majority of the time, then I'll start with Kaiden.
Kaiden is fully diaper trained. He FREAKS out if he goes to the bathroom without a diaper on. So I think he'll be a lot more work :(
I know in PT 2 steps forwards 1 step back. So I am mentally preparing myself for a "relapse".

No comments: