Thursday, October 9, 2008

Oct. through Dec. 2007 from prior blog site...

Kaiden and Kayley: Starting to stand unassisted. Walks along furniture. Has developed the pincer grasp (can pick up tiny things like food). Walks with support. Crawls up stairs as well as all over the house. Says "dada" and "baba". They are also able to eat table foods now, but just no citrus, peanut butter, or honey.
Kaiden: 17lbs 3oz. and 27.5 inches in the 5th % for weight, and 20th% for height. His head is in the 19th % (very tiny head) He has 2 bottom teeth and 1 top tooth.
Kayley: 17lbs 7oz. and 27.6 inches in the 25th % for weight, 47th % for height. Her head is int the 85% (big head!) She has 2 bottom teeth, and 4 top teeth.
The kiddos are now caught up in height and weight as each other, even though Kayley still looks bigger. Kaiden has grown almost an entire foot since he was born. Kayley has grown about 8 inches. She has gained about 12 lbs since birth. Kaiden has gaind about 14 lbs.

So we had Kayley's surgery today. We got there about 10:15 for check in, then had to wait in pre-op for 2 hours. The surgery started at 12:20. They took her to the back and intubated her (breathing tube). The surgery took about an hour. She woke up pretty quickly after the surgery, long enough for a bottle of glucose water. Then they transfered her over from PACU to the recovery area. She took about 2 hours to wake up, but I just rocked her until then. At first she was grumpy, but then within just a couple minutes she became the silliest little goofball. She was all smiles and laughs. Of course the drugs had their influence. I swear the 2 hours of deep sleep must have given her a muscle boost because it was all I could do to get her into her car seat! She was strong! So after we finally got home at about 5pm she was doing fine. Right now she is starting to get fussy, the drugs are probably wearing off. The doc did about 12 internal stitches and "glued" the outer layer of skin together. Because of the angle and shape of the cut, she will have a little bump of tissue on the ends of the cut. When she is a couple years old, if she hasn't outgrown the little bits of tissue, they will just remove it. The doc is pretty sure she will outgrow it though. The nevus (the mark on her leg) was removed and sent to pathology, we should hear back in about 4 days whether or not it was melanoma. I am just glad the thing is gone. To have a "ticking timebomb" on my daughters leg was not what I wanted. Now it is gone, and we just have to keep an eye on her so that any other marks don't seem to grow at a rapid pace. Thank you so much for everyones prayers and support!!!

Our kiddos are in a Gym class where they have all kinds of free play, as well as structured activities (ok, ok, as structured as you can get with 10 month olds). Anyway, they have been in the class for about a month now, and they love it..er uh..well they love it, but they moved the time of the class to the same time the kids are supposed to take naps. So Kaiden gets really upset and doesn't want to do the activities. He loves the ball pit and the swings the best. Kayley enjoys all of it.

Bonita, my horse. This is my other baby! Ok so she is a little hairy She has been in great hands with my good friends Joe, Cathi, and Diane out in CO. Since I have my hands full out here, I didn't think it would be fair to bring Bonita out here. I wouldn't have had much time to ride. Plus, she is still young and is getting great training and playtime in with my friends. They ride her for me frequently, so that when the year is up, she will be ready for me to get on her. I "had" her before I had the kiddos. When I was on bedrest, we would park our camper right outside her stall so that I could be next to her.

Kayley has been sick for a couple days. So I took her to the doctor today. It started off as just a little cough but then she got to the point that she was throwing up every meal, and was sleeping all day. She wouldn't even wake up when Kaiden would poke her. I was going to take her to urgent care last night, but decided to wait until this morning. Well, the doc said that Kayley has bronchiolitis that turned into asthma, so now I have to give her breathing treatments every 4 hours. She was so tired yesterday cause she was having to use her stomach muscles to breath instead of just relying on the diaphragm. On top of that her throat looks awful, and she is snotting up something awful too. Her doc also said that if she won't keep any liquids down that tomorrow they will draw more labs and give IV therapy for a couple hours. The vomitting is caused by her coughing/ stomach breathing/ and sore throat. The ped said that this could all be RSV related or flu virus. Even though they just had their flu vaccine a month ago. The problem now is that since it looks like asthma, she is now more likely to get more sick than the average child. This could have all been the result of them being preemies. She may grow out of it, or she could have it the rest of her life. It may just come to the surface when she is sick. All Kaiden has is a runny nose. That could just be because of genetic factors. Hopefully she will get better quickly. I have been sick as well, which makes for a very chaotic household.

Oh my goodness, my little man can walk now! He isn't that great, but he can take 3 steps without falling. He has to get in his starting position 1st. Which is standing and leaning his booty against something, and then he puts his arms up and can take 3 steps I will try to get pictures as soon as I can. He usually falls by the time I can get the image though. It is way cute. He is so proud of himself. After the 3rd step he gets so excited that he forgets to step again, and he just falls. Wow, my little infant is not so much an infant anymore!

Earlier in the blog I had talked about my good friend TJ and her twins. A refresher:
TJ and I met online, found out we lived just a couple miles from each other, that we were preggo with twins together, we were on hospital bedrest together, our babies were born 4 days apart, the babies all spent 3 weeks in the NICU together, they all came home on oxygen together, and both of our husbands deployed together. That's just the tip of the iceburg of the amount of things we have in common.
HAHA, do you think we have a lot in common?
Anyway, so she came out here for a couple days so that we could see each other (she is still living in CO).

WOW! I have had such a great time on vacation. Jody flew up to UT. and then we all drove down to AZ. to visit with Jody's parents and his sisters Nancy and Sandy. We had such a fun time and I am sad to have to go back to just me and the kiddos again.
Anyway, we stayed at a really neat inn down in Camp Verde, and the scenary was so nice. The kids had a lot of fun too. They were just eating up all of the attention. So now I have to unspoil them again. It was well worth it. We then headed out to CA. and got to see more family and friends. The kids also got to ride a horse for the first time too. Jody and I put the kiddos up on his horse Rio. Ok, so they didn't actually ride, but they had fun sitting on Rio. They were smiling from ear to ear. Here are some of the pics. The ranch is where Jody lives. It looks amazing!

This year has gone by so fast in some ways, but very slow in others. The kids are developing quickly now. Kaiden can walk about 6 steps and Kayley is able to take 2 steps. They both have 8 teeth. They are LOVING solid foods. They are able to have just about anything now, and they can't seem to get enough.
They are back to a regular schedule from our last vacation. LOL, now we will be going to Louisiana and they will be even more messed up on their schedules! They are a lot of fun, and Kaiden...he definately has the Revere genes!!! He is one tempermental little boy. If he wants something, he will scream...for an hour over the same thing! If you don't do what he wants, he arches his back, falls on the floor, and freaks out. Kayley is so opposite of him! She really could care less. She will get mad when her limits get pushed, but overall, she is really one of those "go with the flow" kind of people. Just like her Dad. I can tell that I am going to have to deal with another me as Kaiden gets older. I am in SO much trouble!!!
Clint is doing well. Bored out of his mind, but hanging in there. They have him doing so much PT (physical training) that he is always dealing with sore muscles. For Thanksgiving he was able to go to the house of one of the higher up people, and they had a dinner for some of the soldiers. He said he had a good time, and they gave the soldiers tons of movies to watch. He is going to come home for 2 weeks at the end of Feb., which is great because that is our anniversary. Perfect timing for the kids cause they will be walking and a lot of fun to play with.
I am doing well. Taking it day bay day...like I have a choice. The vacation was great, but now we are back into a routine again. We will be leaving the 21st and coming home th 3rd of Jan. We will be celebrating the babies' birthday while in LA. then when we come back we will have a small get together for them in which case my Dad will be making a cake for each of them. He makes the best cakes! He got the recipe from my stepmother who passed away a few years ago (Jamela). She was such a great cook, and left behind the legacy of the "Strawberry Dream Cake".
Other then that, not much to report. The kids had the 2nd part of their flu shots yesterday, and Kaiden didn't even cry, it didn't phase him at all. Kayley only cried for a minute or so, but was fine. I don't have weights or anything on them. They are still very tiny for their age group. The way they are eating now, it won't take long to catch up.

So the last week or so Kayley had a fever that was around 102 degrees. I kept her on motrin to keep the fever down. A couple nights ago, she started bleeding out of her urethra. I took her to he ER and they said it could be some kind of viral issue. She didn't have a rash then. Well she started getting it yesterday, and now it is all over her body. It is roseola, so the worst is over. But she looks so sad. She is cutting a molar right now too. we are on vacation in LA. with family and friends right now. The kiddos birthday party is today, and she has a rash all over her face. I can't believe it. I never thought my babies would get the measles. Uggg. Anyway, I don't have my camera cords to post pics, but I will be home on the 3rd, and can post them then. Anyway, just thought I'd share.
Kaiden doesn't have the measles, and hopefully he won't get it. This last week has been a nightmare. Colic has nothing on the measles. So much for a good vacation :(

Well, we had a good time in LA. The kids met my goal last year of meeting all of their great grandparents in 2007. I don't have many pics yet. Still working on that. First we went to Papa and Ruths, and had Christmas there. The kids had a great time, they were opening gifts and playing in the wrapping paper. Ruth made a fantastic dinner, and we were chowing down. The kids favorite dishes were the sweet potatos and pumpkin pie. What can I say, they take after me :) We had a very relaxing time. Kaiden mastered walking while we were there, and is really good at it now.
Then we went to Aunt Sherri's and that's when Kayley got really sick. Turns out it wasn't the measles. I got confused on the info. Roseola is not the measles, it used to be grouped in the measle category. She was very sick though. She is better now, but that was a rough week!!! They celebrated their 1st birthday out there. Aunt Sherri threw them a birthday party. Kayley screamed the whole time, and Kaiden just kind of stared. It was not the birthday I had imagined at all.
We came home, and had a "redo" of their birthday at my dads. HAHA!!! That wasn't any better. My camera sucks, and I didn't get any good pictures at all. I am hoping I can get some from my cousins that took the kids pictures while we were there. We'll see. Let's just say thet the song that says "It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to" definately applied!
The kiddos are doing well now. Kaiden is copying just about any sound I make, Kayley just watches. No, Kayley is not walking yet :( She'll get there, but she can't take more than 3 steps by herself. They have been off of bottles for 3 weeks now. They are on soft tip sippy cups. I am hoping to switch them to hard tipped within the next couple weeks.
The kids have their 12 month check up on Friday. They are due for more shots :( I'll update on percentiles then. Kaiden got his 1st molar on Friday, and his 2nd one on Monday. Kayley hasn't had one pop through yet. Kaiden has 10 teeth now, and Kayley has 8.
Next week I am going to have my 1st overnighter away from the kids since Clint left. I am going with my family up to a condo, and we are going to go skiing. Well, they are anyway, we'll see if I can. It depends on my hips. Anyway, my friends are going to take the kiddos overnight :) I am definately looking forward to that. I got a break from them twice when we were in LA. My Papa and Ruth watched them for several hours, while I got to go in a boat up and down the river, and then again when we got to go into town to look at some small shops and had lunch. It was nice to be "free" for a little while. It makes coming home to the kids that much more enjoyable. I am happy to see them when I come in the door and they smile and hold their arms up for me to hold them.
Other than that, not much else going on. We are waiting to see if Clint gets promoted this year. We should find out in about a month and a half. We should also find out where we will get stationed next. KY. didn't fall through (thank goodness!), so we are looking at different slots that are opening up. We have a couple more months to see what opens up, then we'll have to sign up for one, otherwise, we could get stuck with whatever the Army wants to give us. I like the idea of us having at least some control over where we go. They usually have about 5-6 slots open at any given time. So far, we haven't seen anything we like.

No comments: